Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Weather in Iowa....

....wait 5 minutes it will change.

When I first moved here EVERYONE said this to me....and I thought "people say that everywhere...how true can that statement really be?" --- it might have taken me almost a year...but I now believe whole heartedly in the validity of this statement. 

Take for example the weather forecast for today.....KCRG TV9 Weather.
(A summary of the above video in case you just want the cliff notes-- weather people here don't know squat)
Please allow me to elaborate.

During the winter months especially, I feel like meterologists should just take the season off because there is absolutely zero predictability of the weather here!  In what alternate universe do you reach your daily highs at midnight/1am?! And just fyi I can look out my window and predict a better forecast than these crazy people....like right now...they're predicting a 90% chance of rain....it's sunny out with blue skies. I'm pretty sure that's an indication that I should indeed take my fellow Iowan's advice and wait 5 minutes for the rain/snow mix to scare me into some sort of winter apoclaypse oblivion where I rush to the grocery stores and buy all the milk and bread on the shelves. (I kid I kid...people don't do that here...they could care less about snow/and or any sort of winter apocalypse---but that's another blog)

So go ahead...try and plan your day based on the weather forecast here....it's impossible! Allow me to offer some practical advice in braving the days here....grab the biggest bag/purse you can find...throw in an umbrella, a scarf, some gloves, a coat, a hoodie, and some snow boots (and hell while your at it you better pack a change of clothes too...because after all you never know!)....and give the day your best shot. ---- Or you could take the easy way out....curl up with some coffee, klgandhoda, and your knitting and have a guaranteed  best day you've had in weeks! Now that's what I call a forecast!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


This may be an exaggeration....but I still found it pretty funny....



No comments:

Post a Comment