Monday, November 21, 2011

Happy Turkey Week

In honor of this lovely Week O' Turkey we've decided to go ahead with our "what we're thankful for" post...

This year our Thanksgiving will be less than exciting (as we're both super far away from our fams/friends and the salt in the wound being I have to work--a double depressing Thanksgiving whammy)-- all the more reason to reflect on all the lovely things in our lives that we're thankful for! For those of you with hearts that are worried about what we'll be doing for Thanksgiving (inspite of our unfortunate schedules) we'll still be going all out southern style of course! Our menu consists of crock pot turkey (which I'll be stuffing and putting into the crock pot bright and early at 5am....don't worry I'm working that night so I'll be going back to bed!), mac and cheese (a southern staple...and we're not talking the box kind...the baked goodness we refer to in my fam as "cheese pie"), and we're currently in a debate between sweet potato souffle (my choice of course) or green been casserole (David's choice...which I am not a fan of...but will refrain of going into exactly why, as someone who may or may not read this may or may not get their feelings hurt). 

We're planning on eating around noon...and will definately be thinking about all of those we love and miss! This one's for ya'll!


{What we're thankful for this year}


First and foremost we're thankful (always) for our fam and friends. My friends are my rock...they have been with me for as long as I can remember...through the good times and not so good times....and for that I will forever be grateful...Lauve ya'll to the moon and back!!
Our fams are also such a HUGE part of our lives! Moving out here has really given us (me esp.) the opportunity to become closer with my parents...and it has been awesome!! On the flip side moving out here has also put distance between my extended fam (aunts and uncles, nieces, and my grandad) and David's fam-- which pulls at our heart strings every day. David's fam especially is the bomb.com. From day one (which let me just say was more intimidating than any job interview I have had to date)  they have welcomed me into their fam with open arms...and for that I especially am soo grateful from the bottom of my heart. While the complexities of our relationship may come with complications for some fams (i.e. living together/being together for the time we have been at the age we are and not being married) you would think the opinions of such a large family would come out and spread like wildfire..but both of our families (as traditional as they all are) welcome us and the decisions we make together as a couple with open hearts and open arms.....and again....for that...another reason to be thankful for our wonderful fams! We love you ALL!!!!


We are also superhero grateful for the experience of this wonderfully crazy adventure we are now on.....it has been almost a year ago to date that we decided to do this whole big move thing...and it has been awesome (in spite of it's sometimes not so pleasant experiences). Not only has it given us hindsight into our previous lives before our big move....but it has also provided insight into the people/couple we dream to become, allowing us to grow together into what we like to think of as an unstoppable, superhero "power couple." While many of our friends are getting married, having children and moving in the somewhat "stereotypical" progression of life (and while this...for me...can sometimes present its challenges)....we are building life long memories, and strength that it takes to get through this crazy thing called life.....together....for better or worse....and we're loving every minute of it!
This move has also provided us with the chance to remove ourselves from situations that could have potentially held us back from becoming the people we dreamed ourselves to be....it has given us the courage to take risks....and has proven successful in providing the confidence we needed in ourselves to learn to fly. So adventure called....and we're sooo thankful we answered!





I also wanted to take a minute to make you all gag and get all mushy mushy lovey dovey...which I debated upon at the beginning of this post...but I can't name all the things I'm grateful for and leave out the most important part....David. I'm so grateful to have such an awesome, solid, faithful, wonderfully loving, amazing man in my life. Even in our toughest moments...when he is being super difficult and seemingly impossible....I find a reason to love him even more. He gives me courage and strength to do the things in which I think I can not do....and he has allowed me to follow my dream and is awesome enough to support me through all the ups and downs that come along with it....He truly makes me want to be a better person, do a better job, and make everything in our life better....and for that I will be eternally grateful. For the love we both share....I can't even put into words how grateful I am....and that is why....although we will be spending this Thanksgiving without our fams....we will have each other...and to me...we are our fam....and it's the #1 thing I love about us! :)





So while you all are shoving face .... remember to be thankful for the people you have around you and the memories being made...don't ever take those precious moments for granted. And for those of us who are far away....we'll be thinking of you all! Thank ya'll for being awesome parts of our life .... we love and miss you!!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!







1 comment:

  1. Ok you can't NOT have sweet potato souffle!!!!! You win!!! Or at least have both, but green bean casserole will just not fill the same spot in your little heart!

    ReplyDelete