Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Quick Snipit BoozeDay Tuesday

I don't know about ya'll...but I'm pretty sure if I had to take some psych evaluation where they ask me the date, day, time, year and/or who was president....they'd probably determine I'm all kinds of crazy. It seems like ever since Christmas I don't know what day it is....what year it is...if it's a weekday, a work day, or a vacay....I'm all kinds of confused. Fortunately I have a few more weeks of "winter break" to work out all the kinks before classes start back....and then I'll have to come up with new excuses for my crazyness. In my crazy mix up of what day it is...I thought: "I'm pretty sure I haven't given yall an update/snipit of what's going on with us in a while...I should probably do that"...and who knows....maybe it will help me get my days straight!
So here ya'll go:
Your BoozeDay Tuesday Quick Snipit Update

{1}
I've decided to kick off our "healthy whole food" eating goal by incorporating atleast 3 new "healthy" recipes a week (this way it's actually an easier transition and we can still use some of the "junk" we have in our cabinets without being wasteful...and by this I really mean hopefully when it's all said and done David won't even realize we don't have junk in the cabinets anymore...he doesn't do well cold turkey) So here's my 3 things to try this week:
  • Granola bars/cereal (that I am going to use as a trail mixy/snack food)
  • Pumpkin Muffins (which I may also try with sweet potatoes...since they are uber cheap right now)
  • Pizza Pockets (I hear from my wwbfftwomom these are really good after they're frozen and reheated so I'm also going to try to make a bunch for my frozen dinners I have to eat when I work evenings)

{2}
We've also added a "new to do" on our 2012 list of things to do....call home more. David's sister Renee called David this weekend (and she does a really great job of calling us often...which we LOVE) and I think it really helps morale around here. I also talked to Bff Ashley last night and just getting to actually talk (instead of texting) can really make a difference in a mood let me tell ya. Bff Jamie said we only actually talked twice on the phone last year (we text like everyday multiple times a day) .... and that my friends is just unacceptable. So don't be surprised if you get lots of phone calls from us randomly....we  need to hear your voices!!!!!!!

{3}
This week I will be celebrating my 1 year anniversary of being in Iowa!!!! (January 5th) It's crazy to think how fast a year flies by. David and I were discussing anniversaries (since we NEVER celebrate ours) and realized that lots has happened this year!!!! I know I say this more and more...but this crazy town is actually starting to feel more and more like home. I've decided there were 3 "benchmarks" that occurred along the way as this place started more and more to feel like home:
  • The first time was when we returned after our first trip away. (This was after the Domis Fam Kentucky Maraton weekend) We had already been here awhile and to get on the interstate heading south was the most amazing feeling there ever was. Getting to spend time with fam and being away....and then to return and unpack and resettle really helped with the needing of this place to feel like our "home." 
  • The second "benchmark" of this place feeling like home was the first time I saw someone in public that I knew. I know this sounds weird...but every time I go out (whether it's to the grocery store, or to Target, or the mall or where ever) I never expect to see anybody I know (because obviously outside of my parents, and people we work with we really don't know anybody here...and up until this benchmark we really didn't even know the people at our jobs that well) But we've finally reached the point here to where we go out and see someone we know .... and that means we have friends!!!  Which is a milestone in and of itself (and is sort of the 3rd benchmark too)
  • Having friends....knowing people (even if they are just the people we work with)...doing things outside of ourselves as a couple again is benchmark #3...it's really nice to have atleast one person you can call a "friend". Daivd and I are finally developing our circle here...and it's kind of nice...our "friends" here (and I'm using air quotes because who knows if they really consider US friends ...so I'm using the term loosely) are really teaching us about ourselves, this place, and what it is to be from this neck of the woods!  And it's def making this a little more "homey"
{4}
As I'm running out of time...I realized....big news that I can't forget...David has a B-day coming up this month...I'm trying to start my brainstorming process early so I can make this year super special (since last year we didn't get to celebrate together on the actual day!!)


{5}
Hope you've enjoyed this quick snipit installment on this lovely BoozeDay Tuesday .... I never lie when I say they're going to be quick....there's never enough time in the day!!! Hi Ho Hi Ho it's off to work we go!!!

1 comment:

  1. Get twomomwwbffintheraw!!!! I can't wait to hear how you like the recipes! Especially the granola... she showed her daughter's lunch on her fb page today and the granola looked soooo good! I might try lentils this week so I will let you know how that goes!

    ReplyDelete