Monday, December 19, 2011

Fun Day Monday

Since we've been a little busy (read neglectful) and haven't been updating as much as we'd like to these past few weeks...I thought I'd give you guys a quick (emphasis on the word quick) "snip-it" update....
~~~~Enjoy!~~~~

{This Week's Funday Monday}
{1}
With another year wrapping up...we've been talking alot about "New Years Resolutions" (which will be another whole entire post later so stay tuned) --- I know some people think they're silly because nobody ever really keeps them....but this year we want to incorporate some real honest to goodnes, down home, good for you lifestyle changes....so I'll be doing my research to get some good info about eliminating the "junk" from our diet...and I'll be starting with a new fav blog 100 Days of Real Foods....and mixing in some good old fashion nutrition education that I learned in class this past semester! Don't worry...we'll keep you all updated on how its going!


{2}
School is out for a short little break and you all know I'm enjoying crafting it up like the crazy little crafter that I am! I've found a new, easy (we're talking super basic) slipper pattern that I am OBSESSED with....seriously I want to make a pair for everyone I know..... 

They are so comfy and warm...I already have two pairs!!!! With another 2 pairs in the works for a couple of special gals in my life!!! {Suspense}



I'm also working on a new "method" if you will of quilting...it basically uses all of your scraps to make sort of a hodge podge of all different fabrics....I'm trying this out on Jamie and Ashley's lifesize knitting bags using the fabrics we had scraps of from the pillow case dresses and other random projects...hopefully they'll turn out as awesome bags for my favs to remember their trip as well as a bag for them to stash their knitting projects!




{3}
We got some exciting news last week also...in the form of a phone call from my nurse managers. After looking over the schedule they realized I was scheduled to work Christmas and since I had worked Thanksgiving they were willing to swap me out with another NA (who wasn't scheduled for any holidays)  to free me up for Christmas! What awesome bosses!!!! So Christmas this year will be a blast...reguardless of where we are...who we're with...we will be together and that alone will be the most fabulous gift of all!



{4}
It must have been the week for exciting news because we also have a new addition on David's side of the fam....his sister Kristi and her husband Justin just welcomed their second sweet baby girl into the fam...Abby Rose....we can not WAIT to meet her!!! Mallory is a big sister!!! What a lucky little girl! It's always so exciting to watch such awesome families grow! It's sweet fams like theirs that make us excited to get there one day! (Seriously she makes it look so easy!)


{5}
And last but not least...I can't leave out an update on the weather and all of its craziness. Not this past weekend but the weekend before we had wind chills below zero and snow....yesterday it was in the 50's (people were literally in tanktops and flip flops like they were on the beaches of Tahiti)-- Who the heck knows what the weather will be like for Christmas....but I'm secretly wishing for loads of the white stuff!
*fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment